Friday, December 25, 2009

it's a katima-christmas!

I think this Christmas surpassed all of what we thought it was going to be. I thought everyone was going to be sad and down because we are away from our families, but it actually made us come together more. We spent the whole day cleaning and preparing Christmas dinner. Then we all went off in our own groups to church, which was really nice! Then we came home (the english people were home first) and had a mini-dance party and just a bunch of good chats. Everyone came home around 10pm, so we had our big Christmas dinner... tofurkey for us vegetarians! We then played the gift game my dad made for us, and opened our secret santa presents. Rasheeda was my secret santa and she bought me a beautiful mug with an M on it, a cute little recycled journalism-type notepad, and a really cute bookmark. Then Robyn and I opened our Christmas gifts from home at midnight.

Today was a little harder... we went and volunteered at a soup kitchen type lunch at the local Port High School. It was stressful, but I still enjoyed it because I liked socializing with the people who came.

Overall, it was a nice Christmas. I do miss my family though, they are coming on the 28th which will be really great! We actually leave on January 4th, which is my student's first day back, so I'm going to go hang out with them that morning before I go. That'll be a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment