Tuesday, September 29, 2009

we may never pass this way again

Day two in Port Colborne was amazing. Full of laughs, neighbourhood walks, meeting creepy locals, and becoming severely addicted to Esso gas stations and Tim Hortons. We didn't make it to the movie yesterday night because dinner was too late. Tomorrow we are going to tour all eleven possible work placements, which is very exciting... a lot of them sound totally up my alley. There are a few work placements where I would get to work with youth who have learning impairments, or other burdens to bear and just need someone to talk to. I think this will be a great way to test the waters of a potential career choice for myself.

Port Colborne is a very quaint little town. It's bigger than Bells Corners, and the first thing I noticed about it is that every single house looks SO different... none of them are the same and they all look kind of old fashioned.

This weekend we may have a potential excursion planned for Saturday. I think it's called the Gandhi Peace festival? Something like that. It's in Hamilton all day on Saturday and we'd be helping out at it. I think it sounds really interesting, plus I'd get to see all of my friends in the Hamilton group!

Anyways, better be off to bed. Got an early start tomorrow! ... 7:30am!

Here is the link to the Facebook album with Port Colborne pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15173&id=1650360075&l=d12b6dff58

3 comments:

  1. Hi Meg - 3:30 am here. Couldn't sleep so I checked out Katimameg to find new photos. I like the feel that PC has. And I did spot the Jays cap in one of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I wanna laugh while the laughin' is easy.
    I wanna cry if it makes it worthwhile.
    We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.
    'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend.
    Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end.
    We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so great! Hopefully I'll get to talk to you at some point this weekend.

    ReplyDelete