Saturday, October 10, 2009

while we're on the subject

Just a quick update...

I had a great first week at work! Even in just the few days I was there, I was able to connect on some level with almost every student. Some not as much as I'd like, but I'm making progress for sure. I like the idea of Second Chance. It adapts to the student's needs, rather than the student having to adapt to how a school is run. I think EVERYONE could benefit from a program like it. They get to work at their own pace. I helped a couple of them do some outdoor work yesterday, which was a nice way to be able to bond with them on a more personal level. I like that T let's us spend time together outside of school, so I'm not just a teacher's assistant to them, but hopefully someone they can trust. I was invited to a party yesterday night, but never found out where it was. That's OK though, there will be more!

Our end of trimester excursion is probably going to be Toronto, which will be so much fun because we can stay in a hotel and I'll hopefully be able to see Alannah and Adam.

Anyway, hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving! We get two turkies for 12 people... woo!

1 comment:

  1. Toronto! You should surprise your grandparents with an unannounced visit. They would be so surprised!

    ReplyDelete