Monday, November 16, 2009

you can't go back now

Sorry for the long lack of posts! A lot has happened between today and the last time I posted, but I'm going to try to condense it into a couple of paragraphs so as not to bore you.

We had our 48 hours off a couple weeks ago. A lot of people went home, some went to Hamilton, and 4 of us went to Toronto. Myself, Robyn, Dan, Mya, and Jillian went to Toronto. The first night we were so tired we just went to bed, but we walked around a bit before that. The next day was jam packed. We went to the CN Tower, and walked all through China Town, Little Italy, Little Portugal, and some of Kensington Market. Then we went to the Eaton Centre and shopped at all the stores we don't have back home. That night I got to see Randy, a guy I used to work with at Starbucks, and he invited us over to his apartment to hang out, then showed us around Toronto at night. The day after we met up with my brother, went out for lunch, and walked all through the trendy part of Kensington Market. It was so much fun to look through all the little vintage shops. I found some good deals, too! I got a really nice leather bag for $40, and it's huge and can double as a camera bag, and I also got a 100% wool hat for $5!!! It was so nice to see my brother before he goes off to Korea to teach english. Got a little teary-eyed leaving... it made me homesick again. Toronto is such an awesome city, but I actually missed Port Colborne!

This past week we had a great time with our project leader away for training. We all got along so well, I think because we didn't feel the pressure like we do when she's here. We love her, but it's nice when she leaves too. We're surprisingly responsible as a big group! Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day... we were suntanning outside all day, and me and a couple others biked over to Nickle Beach. I was in shorts and a t-shirt all day, then had a movie night with Robyn and John. We watched Paranormal Activity and The Boy In The Striped Pijamas... odd mix, I know.

Yesterday we drove to Niagara Falls and hiked at The Gorge, which is a really pretty path that leads you all the way down to the falls. Then we drove to Niagara On The Lake and spent some time there. It's pretty, but it's expensive and doesn't have that much to do.

I found out that I'm billeting with Tom Davies, the man who runs community living. I'm so excited because he's such a nice guy and he lives on a horse farm in Wainfleet! I heard his wife is really nice too

I wish our first rotation was a little longer... I'm really going to miss the people I've made connections with at my job. It's going to be so hard for me to leave them. I guess I've just gotten attached, and I need to learn how to move on. It would be neat to maybe come back to visit them next summer though. However, I have 6 months left of times to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment