Sunday, November 1, 2009

there's better people with more good to do

Happy Halloween!

The Hamilton group came to Port Colborne yesterday and we had a great time reverse trick-or-treating and watching a scary movie, 28 Days Later. We got all dressed up in our costumes and took some pictures. It was so nice to see the group! It's a good way to keep the friendships I have in that group stronger. It'll be hard when we aren't in the same cluster anymore next rotation, but I hope we will still all keep in touch.

My week as house manager went really well! Valerie and I get along great, and we are both hard workers. We worked really hard the entire week, and it was nice to sleep in, too. What I liked most about my week as house manager was getting cooking experience. I made 3 meals by myself. The first one I made was really stressful... I made Mexican Bean Casserole, and for me it was a harder recipe. I had to get used to how to time myself, put on what at what time, but in the end I think it tasted pretty good! I also made two tofu vegetable stir-frys, which were also really good, to me anyways. I'm not eating any meat anymore except for fish! It's hard because a lot of people in my group really like meat, and they get frustrated having to make vegetarian meals, but it's a good learning experience for them and I don't think they really understand why I choose not to eat meat. It's hard because they make me feel guilty for being a vegetarian, and that's not fair to me.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Second Chance.

1 comment:

  1. When you stand up you are a much easier target. That doesn't mean not to stand up, just makes it harder to do it. You always find the strongest trees on the coast where the winds blow hardest.

    ReplyDelete