Monday, February 1, 2010

halifax & lunenburg



We had an excursion to Halifax and Lunenburg on the weekend. I would say it was probably the best weekend I've ever had in Katimavik. We went to Halifax on the Saturday and went to the Brewery Market, where we saw all sorts of vendors, clothing and food. Then we went to the Pier 21 Museum, where just over a million people emigrated to Canada, and we went to the Atlantic Museum. We met the Spryfield group at the museum - not sure what I think of them, but one of the girl's is from Stittsville and she knows a guy I used to go to school with! Very small world. Then we went to the Halifax group's house for dinner and a walk into downtown. I absolutely love the people in their group. They are all so nice - I felt so comfortable with them, we became friends right away. Val and I will probably hang out with them when we go to Halifax this weekend.

On Sunday we took a drive to Lunenburg, which was such a beautiful little town. We walked around a little and went on one of the docks, and sat with our legs dangling over the water with the sun glaring down on us. It was such a serene moment. We all just sat there in silence and watched the water in the distance. Then some of us went to Subway for lunch, then we drove to Hirtle's Beach. The sight of that beach with the snow and sand and waves crashing was just breathtaking. It reminded me so much of Melbourne Beach, where my granny would take my mom and then my family started going.

It was such a relaxing weekend, and it was so nice to see more of Nova Scotia. I'm really excited for the last weekend of February, because Dan and I have been planning an excursion to PEI and Dieppe, New Brunswick. We will be staying with the old London group, which I'm good friends with!


No comments:

Post a Comment